The Loan Fund is an award-winning nonprofit organization that has helped hundreds of financially underserved small businesses and nonprofits across New Mexico to start, grow and thrive. Our clients are typically unable access credit through banks or credit unions.
The Loan Fund is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that is certified by the US Treasury Department as a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI).
Quick Facts About The Loan Fund:
- The Loan Fund's loan portfolio supports over 1,200 New Mexican jobs
- The businesses that we are helping generate over $100 million in revenues annually
- 60%+ of borrowers are minority entrepreneurs
- 45% of borrowers are women entrepreneurs
- Nearly all of our borrowers were unable to access financing through banks or credit unions
- The Loan Fund was founded in 1989 to help alleviate poverty across New Mexico
- We are New Mexico's oldest and most experienced nonprofit community lending organization